Sunday, July 15, 2012

2 Years on

The kayaking and canoeing bug stays with me and I now own a number of boats. Last week a non-swimming friend expressed an interest in spending a few hours on the water. I dug out the Colorado, which has been stored in its bag for over a year and decided to go with it. I knew it would be stable and easy to paddle so my friend would feel safe and secure.

I expected the boat to be in need of repair as I had stored it while still damp and to be honest neglected it. I inflated it with some degree of trepidation and it was perfect. The evening paddle was glorious, the feel of the waves slapping against the bow is something I have missed. With my other rigid body boats you don't get that. They slice through the water and you miss out on the sensation of being part of, and not remote from, the water.

If you are reading this and thinking of buying a Colorado my advice is to go for it. Even if you decide to purchase a rigid boat later on I am sure that once you have experienced the Colorado you will always find your way back to it. I have another friend who has expressed an interest in buying mine. I told him I would check it out on my evening trip and give him a price.

Sorry Buddy, it's not for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment